Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Post #1

1. The book I enjoyed the most was 1984. I liked reading about a different society. I enjoyed that it was so different from how we live. I thought it was very interesting to see how people interacted with each other and the relationships that could develop. I also thought it was interesting when Winston was put really close to the mask thing that had a rat in it and he told them everything they wanted and sold the person he loved away. It made me think a lot about what I would do in that situation. It was rather depressing that it seemed like there was no hope for a better life in the end. But, I still found this to be the most interesting to read.

2. The book that I enjoyed the least was Their Eyes were Watching God. I didn't care for it first because of the language. I found it harder to through the text and made it harder to understand what was happening at times. I didn't really enjoy the story or get a lot out of the text. Although I did notice multiple times when Janie would pray to God that everything would be fine and I could relate to that when I'm worried a lot. I thought it was boring at times to read and not particularly interesting enough.

3.  I did not read The Strangers. I planned on reading it last weekend but I got sick making it very difficult to read. I only managed to finish Their Eyes were Watching God.

No comments:

Post a Comment