Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Journal #5


Then John started to focus on Trust. Trust, the exclusive castle with high surrounding walls that never seem to peak. The ruler safe and protected in the thick barrier. What need does Trust have for such high walls, and who can ever climb them? He sits in his secluded room alone and isolated from the world. Sitting by himself with only His thoughts, waiting for the walls to be scaled. Been sitting there for all time; past, present and future. John was likely to find the high walls of Sarah's castle soon. He was confident but also a little scared. My best friend Sarah! She ought not be alone, 'specially at a time lik dis. John sent some of her closest friends to be with her, but she said she wasn't in the mood. Her family was ok with normal problems, but they couldn't help with this. She'd be fine once she allowed someone into the castle. She wasn't going to allow that to happen. There was no point she thought. But her friends told John that she needed somebody, so he was aware. And even if he wasn't it would become quite obvious the next few days because she hardly talked or let anyone help her. Even her best friends were hardly seen with her. They seemed to be pushed away and weren't let in. Fear, the unseen terror, had caused her lock herself in.

I tried to mimic Hurston completely in the passage on page 84. I changed the idea of death to trust and rumor to fear. I made trust a castle with high walls because that is what trust is like. It's not really a monster but a grand place to get to. I made up characters that had a problem with trust and that there were people that tried to help like in the passage. I tried to add in her use of diction but I didn't know of other types so I mimicked hers. I didn't see a connection of rumor to death in the passage but I made fear be the reason there is a problem with trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment